If you wish to import the tick data as bar data in MT4 or to export it as a CSV, this functionality isn't built directly into the Tick Data Suite.
However, to accomplish that you can go through the following steps:
- Start Metatrader 4.
Steps #2-8 are designed to ensure that you have tick data history for the symbol, GMT and DST that you want; if you already ran at least one tick data backtest with this configuration, you can skip to step #9.
- Select the symbol you want to import data for in the backtest pane.
- Enable the Use tick data checkbox.
- Click the Tick data settings button to open the configuration dialog.
- Configure the desired GMT and DST and make sure the correct source and symbol are selected in the respective dropdowns.
- Enable Use date and select a date range that is covered by tick data but spans a very short interval (e.g. 2017.02.01 - 2017.03.01) in order to make the backtest progress fast.
- Select an EA that is fast, e.g. the MACD Sample EA.
- Click Start to run the backtest and wait until the backtest is over.
- Head to File -> Open Data Folder.
- Close MT4. Do not close the Explorer window opened in step #9.
- Run the Tick Data Suite support assistant.
- Click the Open data folder button in the Settings tab.
- Close the Tick Data Suite support assistant but do not close the Explorer window opened in step #12.
- In the Explorer window opened at step #12, browse to the selected tick data source, selected symbol and configured GMT/DST folder.
For example, for Dukascopy EURUSD GMT +2 US DST, it will be Dukascopy\EURUSD\GMT2DST1
All the values should be obvious except DST which is 0 for none, 1 for US, 2 for EU, 3 for Australian, 4 for Russian.
- Select all the HST files, right click one of them and click Copy.
- Switch to the Explorer window opened at step #10.
- Browse to history\[your_broker_server], for example history\ICMarkets-Demo01 if your account was on the IC Markets demo server 1.
- Right click and select Paste. Answer yes if asked to overwrite.
Steps #19+ are only required for exporting the data.
- Start MT4 once more.
- Head to Tools -> History Center (or press F2).
- Find the symbol you imported data for. If necessary, browse the categories to find it.
- Click the + icon next to it to expand the available timeframes.
- Select the timeframe that you wish to export bar data for.
- Click the Export button.
- Browse to the path that you want to export, name the file as you want and finally click the Save button.